Sunday, July 14, 2013

For the Love of Pink Roses

Hello, Viewers!
An urgent topic now begs for your undivided attention: PINK ROSES!
I know I am far from alone in my passion for these flowers – there is something so irresistibly sweet and sensual about them; something so timelessly romantic and restorative. Shape, color, texture, fragrance – I just can’t get enough of them; and they work equally well in paintings and photos, on fridge magnets, curtains and rubber boots. I have been under their spell for many years – in fact, if there is one thing all my friends know about me, it is my love for pink roses, in any shape or form. And my husband indulges me with live ones from time to time…

If you are already spending a moment on this blog you probably love them too, and you may want to join me on a little tour among some of the roses I have gathered over the years - from IKEA to Limoges... 



Above, an antique cake plate has ended up on an IKEA potholder - too pretty! 

To the right, and below, more from IKEA, one of my many favorite places to shop - even if nothing can really compare to a great flea market!

Some plant holders for the herbs I am trying to grow in front of my kitchen window (in spite of being severely challenged in the gardening department), perching on the window frame and on a stackable shelf, with three rosy tins for cookies & candy. The curtain is a kitchen towel, simply stuck to the window frame with thumb tacks. (And you thought IKEA was all about Scandinavian minimalism!)

These gorgeous silk roses can also be had by the dozen from IKEA - every time I go there, I buy a few. They just make me smile!
  
  
Above and below, two rather random ceramic tiles, made by ceramic artist Anna Carmi, one of my favorite artists. I bought them at different times, and they just hang on the window frame in my study in order to inspire!








The big plate happens to be Limoges, but that is really more of a coincidence - I don't collect according to what might be valuable, only according to what I find pretty (and am able to pay for!). The shapes and colors of these four plates, and how they harmonize with the wall color, make me happy when I look at them...



A pair of real cutie-pie rose-shaped salt & pepper shakers always add something extra to the table!

Below, the ultimate dream pot for a rose-loving tea drinker! I was lucky enough to find this tea set at Pier 1 Imports a couple of years ago.





Little pink roses on an umbrella (from Victorian Trading Company) that is so pretty it has to live in the bedroom. All right, there are some yellow roses there too, but I strive to be tolerant...

To the right, a small dime store "rose painting" that hangs in the living room. It is really a very cheap and low-class little print, borderline inadmissible (!), but I love the colors. Especially against the raspberry red wall!

The tray below is an antique, though (or at least very, very vintage), found at a flea market in Europe, and one of the relatively few things I brought with me when I moved to the US. The roses are made of some kind of shimmery foil, against a plain background. The tray is a little scuffed, but still very pretty!


And finally, another of the countless bouquets of pink silk roses that are sprinkled throughout my castle. I often wish I had a talent for gardening/plant maintenance - I love the idea of being an avid gardener and gathering roses in my wellingtons, or something... - but, alas, whatever I try, it ends in disappointment. That is why I love silk roses - they never disappoint!

I am sure you understand that this is only a fraction of the many roses to be found on the premises, but we have to start somewhere...

Welcome back to my castle another day!

Regards from Rosebud!

No comments:

Post a Comment