Monday, July 8, 2013

Introducing myself to the blogosphere!

Hello, Viewers!
For a couple of years now I have been toying with the idea of blogging, but have felt too intimidated both by technology and by self-doubts to try it. I'm still intimidated, but finally decided that I will take the plunge anyway. Better to risk a failure than to regret never having taken a chance!

I have many creative interests, including an obsession with interior decorating and party planning, so I thought I would try to make a blog of that, together with some of the other thoughts and ideas that flit through my head - thoughts of how to make life beautiful, and how to use the beauty for an elevated purpose. 


My second son often tells me that I have a special knack for "putting a gilt edge on the everyday existence" - does that expression work as well in English as in my native tongue? But you get the idea - just as we need to be able to see the silver lining of the cloud, so we can benefit greatly by being able to add a gleaming rim of gold to our everyday lives - creating beauty in the midst of the mundane.

So I'm very much hoping that this blog will provide some fun and inspiration for anyone who thinks like I do.

How I Named My Blog
When I met my husband on the internet a decade ago, I initially used the name Rosebud as a protective pseudonym and the name stuck. It was meant to express my devotion to beauty and romance - anything pretty and pink; my love for flowers - live of course, but also artificial, because I can make them last much longer(!); a certain playful girlishness, even in middle age; and, with an obvious reference to Citizen Kane, a measure of nostalgia for times past and some of the simple pleasures of life.

Could this be my dream castle?
(Image from disneyandmore.blogspot.com)
And the castle... Well, "My Home Is My Castle" - that adage I made mine already at the age of 19, when I created my first home, and that's how it has been ever since. I always felt that my home is my refuge, and with a certain need for privacy, I sometimes relish pulling up the drawbridge over the moat. 

Or is this the one...?
Then again, much of the fun is preparing for and having guests - whether it is a family gathering or a party for the Fairy Friends. I love spending time in my fairy tale castle (a tiny two bedroom rental), and I am obsessed - there is no other word for it! - with decorating and garnishing it, mostly on a shoe-string budget. (My husband is remarkably tolerant of the pink frills and fluff!) And that is where I will sit with my gilt-edged rosy tea cup and build dream castles in the air. 
Please join me - maybe we'll dream together...

Regards from Rosebud!



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I look forward to seeing more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So refreshing to hear someone so positive who so thoroughly enjoys life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment - now I am enjoying life even more!

      Delete